Thursday, 7 April 2011
And Then the Rains Come.
My facebook page has been in a frenzy. All day, people have been getting excited about the rain. And with good reason, too! Today marks the end of a very long, very warm dry streak.
Just before, it started to absolutely bucket down. There was a solid wall of water cascading down the outside of my window. I could imagine the seals around the glass not being quite good enough, and water starting to spurt in. Drenching me, drenching my furniture, drenching my books, and maybe washing everything away. But probably not.
Perhaps it's a bit sad that I can be so excited simply because it is raining.
Just for fun, here is a list of my five favourite things about when it rains.
1. Snuggling up with a good book
2. I sleep better because of the constant, soothing patter
3. Cute rainy weather clothes. Boots. Hats. Umbrellas.
4. I don't have to wash my car as much
5. Writing until late at night. There's something very Wuthering Heights about it all.
What do you like about rain?
Rain rain, come again.