Well, I keep forgetting but today is the last day of 2012. I don't really know how I feel about this. In many ways, it's been a terrible year but in others it's been one of the best and I feel like I really know myself now. I know that I am not going to be an academic; I am going to be a writer (and for the foreseeable future, the cute indie princess at one of Perth's beloved small bookstores).
One thing that I can say for sure is that I read a lot of wonderful books this year, so here is a list of my favourite reads. Anything published this year is in bold. I've also included links to any reviews I posted.
* The Three Musketeers - Alexandre Dumas
* Beneath the Shadows- Sara Foster
* To Kill a Mockingbird- Harper Lee
* The Hunger Games trilogy- Suzanne Collins (I know, I know, how lame...)
* Bye, Beautiful- Julia Lawrinson
* The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary-Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows
* The Drowner - Robert Drewe
* We Need to Talk About Kevin- Lionel Shriver
* The Slap- Christos Tsiolkos
* All That I Am- Anna Funder
* The Prisoner of Heaven- Carlos Ruiz Zafon
* The Night Circus- Erin Morgenstern
* The Perks of Being a Wallflower- Stephen Chbosky
* Sweet Tooth- Ian McEwan
* The Casual Vacancy- JK Rowling
* Life of Pi- Yann Martel
* Friday Brown- Vikki Wakefield
* The Paris Wife- Paula McLain
Did you read any of these? What did you think? What were your favourite reads of this year? Join the discussion in the comments below.