2015 is not yet over, but there are people out there desperate for good Christmas reading material! This list comes early to serve that good cause.
I read very widely in 2015, trying out some new authors and genres, as well as getting excited to read new books by some of my favourite writers. This list reflects those pleasant surprises I found along the way, and the omissions from it either reflect disappointments, lapses in memory or a busy schedule that hasn't allowed me to read as many books as I would have liked!
Please note that it's too hard to rank these as they're quite different and I love them all for different reasons. So in no particular order:
1. The Neapolitan Quartet by Elena Ferrante
Picking a four book series is not cheating, okay??
2. In the Quiet by Eliza Henry Jones
3. The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood
4. Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
5. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
6. The Lake House by Kate Morton
7. Laurinda by Alice Pung
8. The Last Illusion by Porochista Khakpour
9. Only Ever Yours by Louise O'Neill
10. The Gracekeepers by Kirsty Logan